I started writing this post and I thought to myself that I’ll keep my list at 20. Somehow I got to 20 and there was still more to write so I figured okay, I’ll cap it at 25. Alas, I ended up with 30 random facts about me.
I’ve wanted to do a list like this for a long time for two reasons. Firstly, so I can come back to this post in a few years and remind myself of these facts and lastly to let you, my readers get a peek into a little bit of who I am as 30 random facts don’t capture everything about me… that’ll be more like a “1000 random facts about me” post lol.
1. Breakfast is my favourite meal of the day – ps. I never order eggs or eat eggs that someone else fries. I love bread and can eat bread every day for the rest of my life if I was guaranteed a free pass on not gaining weight.
2. I enjoy playing dress-up. If I wasn’t doing my 9-5 I’d most likely be doing fashion full time. If I had to pick my favourite fashion item it would be shoes (not a huge fan of flats and perspex material)
3. I love LOVE.
4. I love driving and driving fast only when Lagos traffic allows me to be great (Ps. I drove a manual car for almost 4 years favourite gear transition was from gear 3 to 4. PPs. I have road rage).
5. I love children especially when they’re somewhere between infants and toddlers.
6. I cry at the most random things: a laughing baby, a sweet note from a loved one, a touching story on Humans of New York, etc.
7. I love desserts – cheesecake, strawberry tiramisu, super moist chocolate cake with cream cheese frosting or chocolate ganache.
8. In my head, I’m a badass dancer but in real life, I’m just a bad dancer. Maybe not bad just okay.
9. One of my most important goals in life is to live a memorable and impactful life.
10. I dislike unnecessary abbreviations: IJN, HBD, GGMUB (add yours).
11. I hate when people throw dirt out of a moving car (self-acclaimed Lawma official).
12. I love taking pictures (Fun fact: once upon a time I took pictures every single day…my little way of documenting how my days went).
13. I can’t stand it when people are excessively and unnecessarily loud.
14. My favourite colours are neutrals: black, white, browns and greys.
15. I may be reading 10 books at once but be rest assured I’ll finish them someday. Trust the process.
16. I love games night – general knowledge quizzes, heads up/charades, etc nothing too wild.
17. I’d pick series over movies any day. Funny how I can’t think of an all-time favourite – maybe prison break, games of thrones or criminal minds – which I never finished by the way.
18. I enjoy baking and trying out new recipes as long as the ingredients are readily available. Lockdown proved that I also enjoy cooking after all.
19. I don’t like it when people refer to me as “Joan” or “Joanna”.
20. I enjoy travelling and as much as possible, travelling light. I look forward to a day where I’ll travel with just my handbag and nothing else.
21. I shy away from confrontations and generally tend to avoid conflict. I find them exhausting. However, I’m slowly beginning to embrace the idea especially when the arguments are meaningful and I stand to gain something out of it.
22. Sometimes I smell cutlery and plates before I use them. Let’s just say I have mini OCD.
23. I’ve always loved learning new things.
24. I’m fascinated by cute tattoos, but would never get one myself (or maybe I will).
25. I hate seeing unread messages.
26. I’m one of those annoying weird people that enjoy random chores like ironing clothes, washing plates, cleaning fish, etc.
27. I have mood swings that are not necessarily because I’m upset or anything. I can just go from being the noisiest person in the room to being withdrawn.
28. I once entered for a face modelling competition. I showed up with what I thought was a lot of makeup and the judges told me I was too plain. Let’s just say that was the first and last time!
29. I love a good laugh – back of my head and belly hurting kind of laugh. I like to live a no-fuss life, throw caution to the wind now and then, and create memories with loved ones.
30. Beyonce is my big sister!
Did you find we shared at least one fact in common? I’d love to read a not so common fact about you. Feel free to drop a comment if you’re inclined to do so.