We’re halfway through 2020 and it feels like we’ve had 2 years wrapped in one.

I took a break from blogging because it just didn’t feel right. I found myself feeling a little out of sorts with all that’s happening in the world. Added to the pandemic outbreak, we witnessed mass outcry of various forms of social injustice all over the world. There seemed to be an awakening of sorts and I wondered why and why now? I kept thinking of all the families grieving and it hurt. I couldn’t help but wonder if and when it’ll all end.

It almost feels like we put too much pressure on 2020 and the year thought to give itself a break.

2020 HALFWAY THERE

2020 for me has been bittersweet. I have had to make some of the most difficult decisions, take on new and exciting challenges, celebrate the joy of new life, enjoy the company of new friends, and let go of some old ones. I have received answers to prayers that I prayed for years, overcome a few fears and embraced life in all its fullness. This year has taught me the value of putting things in perspective and looking at the upside.

I am thankful for the presence of mind to go through these times. With all that’s happening it’s easy to lose sight of all the good things that have come my way. I’ve chosen to introspect because, in the midst of the storm, there’s been so much calm that I do not take for granted.

I still speak life into the rest of the year, because I believe 2020 is going to be our best year yet!

What has 2020 taught you so far?

X.O

9 Comments

Mabel · June 9, 2020 at 8:05 pm

The year has taught me a lot but most importantly I have learnt that no matter what life throws at you, there’s always a reason to rise, a reason to live again but sometimes we are just too overwhelmed that we dwell in the negative incidents so bad that we get more discouraged about life.

Now I realize you can still be something out of nothing as long as you breathe

Joanne · June 10, 2020 at 12:50 am

Absolutely Mabel. There’s also a reason to be more and to do more!

Thank you so much for sharing.

X.O

Obiageli · June 9, 2020 at 8:09 pm

2020 has taught me that Humans are resilient! We can adapt and we can thrive in the craziest situations. It has reminded me that life in itself is a gift and there is no point if we don’t live it to the fullest. 2020 has also taught me that I am capable of plenty, and doubt is only a barrier to breakthrough

Joanne · June 10, 2020 at 12:55 am

Spot on Obiageli! It’s been interesting to see how we’re able to adapt to different situations and do so excellently reinforces the fact that we’re a special creation.

I’m that you are able to recognize that there’s much more to you.

Best wishes always

X.O
    X.O

Okiemute · June 9, 2020 at 11:37 pm

2020 has taught me that TIME IS POWERFUL and so redeeming it is expedient. Even when it means to breathe , rest then continue/ start afresh.

But in all, this year has reaffirmed that times & seasons are in God’s hands.

Joanne · June 10, 2020 at 12:57 am

Indeed time is powerful and we must learn to cherish every moment.

Thanks for sharing Okiemute.

X.O

A · June 10, 2020 at 7:13 am

It’s crazy that the we are almost halfway through the year and so much has happened! The year has taught me that we need we all need just the basics to survive.

Hassan · June 13, 2020 at 7:49 am

Biggest lesson for me this year is that it’s not up to people to keep you encouraged, but encouragement comes from within.
It’s good to be surrounded by people who cheer you on and root for you but in such unprecedented times such as these, many people don’t have a total grasp of their own situation.

Celebrate your little wins, cheer yourself on, eat that meal you’ve always wanted to, whatever it takes to encourage yourself, do it! It’s time we start being a little less hard on ourselves.

And finally, no matter what the situation, as long as there’s life, there will always be hope. No matter how gloomy things seem, threat to your income, no salary, whatever it may be, God is always in control.

Joanne · June 14, 2020 at 12:21 pm

Hi Hassan,

These are some really powerful lessons… thank you for sharing!